Thursday, January 17, 2013

Hey everybody!

Sorry it has been so long since I last posted! As you can see I survived finals week safe and sound! I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday and has gotten 2013 off to a great start. Since it has been so long since I last posted, here's an update on what I've had going on lately:

1) Winterim- This January I have been taking a winterim class, HIS352: Honors: Educating Women in the United States. Winterim is the period between fall and spring semesters (this year winter term is January 7th - January 25th) in which students can take a class for free at the University. The class I am taking is a part of Morrissy Honors Program and examines the history of women's education from the colonial period through the mid-20th century. I personally enjoy taking a class over winter break because it is an opportunity to take a class for credit and keep myself intellectually stimulated when I would otherwise be sitting on the couch at home watching daytime TV. 

2) Basketball- The season is in full swing! Last week we got a HUGE win against Cedar Crest College, one of our conference rivals. We've definitely shown the conference that even though we are a young team, we are a force to be reckoned with. I'm so proud of my teammates and how much we've grown in the past couple months. I can't believe my senior game is coming up on February 2nd! 


3) Ravens Nation!!!- I just had to share this with everybody. I have been a Ravens fan all my life and I am so excited about making it to the AFC Championship! Notre Dame of Maryland University is a proud supporter of the Baltimore Ravens and has lit up both Gibbons Tower and Fourier Hall with purple lighting to show our love for our hometown team! GO RAVENS!

Photo: The Gibbons Hall tower has purple fever! GO RAVENS

Anyway, spring semester is starting up on February 28th and I am definitely looking forward to it. As a last component of my criminology minor I am doing an internship with the Maryland State Police! I'll keep you posted on how the semester starts off in a couple of weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment